Monday, November 10, 2014

broken.

Well, its been quite a while since I have blogged last, and I must say, I miss it. Over the past 2 years so much has happened, so much has changed, and its all gone by so fast. Our culture is so future oriented, already setting up decorations for Christmas (which isn't bad at all!) or talking about things that will happen in 2020, its easy to think ahead, wonder about whats next, worry about the unknown. I want to be someone to keep dreaming while remembering to remain in the present, knowing that I can't control what will happen but I can trust the one who is paving the way. Its hard to do nowadays. There is this pressure that we need to know what to do, when Jesus is simply saying to each person individually, "follow me, its a unique and specific journey that I have just for you".


The past couple months have been rough with the transition of getting back from Nepal, summer vacations and trips, and then getting settled back into Knoxville after being gone for 2 years - its been overwhelming. Its so easy to lose sight of why the Lord has us exactly where we are, but He always reminds us of who He is. He is a God that leads and guides - a God full of promises - a God who is so detailed that He wouldn't bring us somewhere to just leave us dry - a God who won't leave us all alone - a God who won't let us walk a road alone - His love is every moment of every day, a l w a y s


Last night as I was driving home I was listening to a song called This Love by Housefires ll, I had heard the song before, but this time I listened to it was different. It was like I felt the Lord singing it over me - singing about His love for me every moment of the day, so simple! His love doesn't change according to our feelings. Every single day this love is the only perfect love that will keep relentlessly pursuing no matter how much we hurt, no matter what we do, no matter how much we push it away. It literally doesn't make sense! Each time He reminds me of His love I ask why, though I know I will never fully understand it. He is way bigger than any box we put Him in, and He is so gentle at reminding us. He takes us in, and He lifts us up. 


Psalm 73:25-26
 "Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail,
 but God is the strength of my heart 
and my portion forever."


He isn't afraid of the place that we are at. He isn't afraid of what the enemy might try to throw at us. He isn't worried about what our past looked like - or about what lies ahead. Its simple. His love is real, and His love is for us. 


"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end - Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you: all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in! That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you." 
Isaiah  43:1-4


Even when we feel like we are a mess, when we feel like we are running in circles, 
He has a bigger and better plan - trust that He knows what He is doing. 
He makes all things new, and all things beautiful. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment